Terms and conditions
1. I, the undersigned am aware that participating in the Bare Creek Trail Fun Run and Walk (“the Event”) involves running on public roads containing traffic, in rugged and steep bush tracks, a water crossing, bushy fire trails that may be rocky, slippery and extremely difficult and hazardous to negotiate. In my judgment I have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely in the Event.
2. I acknowledge and understand that running in the bush and on public roads is a dangerous recreational activity and that by participating in the Event I am exposed to certain risks of injury, death and damage, including as a result of negligence or breach of contract by the Organisers.
3. I declare, as a condition of entry into the Event that I am physically fit and have undertaken sufficient training for the Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of event participation and I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
Waiver & Release
4. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Event: I:
a. RELEASE AND DISCHARGE the Organisers, Event Sponsors, volunteers, community organisations and all State and Federal and Local Government authorities with responsibility for the locality for which the Event may be staged and their or its respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers (“Indemnified Parties”) from all liability for death, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other loss or injury whatever and however, occurring which I may suffer as a result of or in connection with directly or indirectly, my participation in the Event. I waive all and any claims against the Indemnified Parties, to the full extent allowable by law, which but for the execution of this Waiver and Release I may have had against the Indemnified Parties of any of them;
b. INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the Indemnified Parties from any and all liability, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever, or however, caused which may be bought against them or any of them arising as a result of or in connection with directly or indirectly, my participation in the Event.
5. The decision to participate is entirely my own and I accept all risks associated with participation in the Event, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury.
6. This waiver, release and discharge and indemnity shall be and operate separately in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the Event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of any of them.
7. I acknowledge that I must wear the official chest bib corresponding to the registration made in my name on his or her chest such that the allotted number and sponsors name can be seen for the duration of the run.
8. I declare that I take part in sport only as an amateur and will abide by the competition rules and will accept the decisions of the organizers as final.
9. I consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, race result, image, voice, statement or otherwise without payment or compensation.
10. I consent to the Organisers of the Event entering my personal details contained on this entry form into a database which will be used for the administration of the Event, including to SMS event information to me if I have provided a mobile phone number.
11. I acknowledge that I will provide emergency contact details (name and contact number) in the space provided on this event entry form and that the Organisers of the Event may contact that person and exchange my personal information with them.
12. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in any event of injury, accident or illness during the Event.
13. I understand that in the event of a full cancellation the registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
14. Children under 16 at the time of the Event must be accompanied at the Event by an adult.
15. Persons under 16 require the consent of their parent or guardian to participate in the Event. The parent/guardian shall provide their name and signature as evidence of consent and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. The parent/guardian agrees to release and indemnify the Organiser in the same manner and effect and extent as if they were the person first named on the entry form and participating in the Event.
16. I have read and understood the rules of participation (“the Rules”) of the Event as published at www.barecreektrailrun.com and agree to abide by them and to accept any decision made under them.
17. I agree to participate in a safe, responsible and courteous manner during the Event and use common sense at all times. Conduct which in the opinion of the Organisers has, may be or will result in a breach of these conditions, harm or damage to any participant or their property, illegal activity, bad language, or other unsocial behaviour, may result in my removal from the Event.
18. I declare that all the information supplied by me on this entry form is true and correct.
19. I certify that I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant who is under the age of 18, and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or legal guardian, I agree to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the participant.
20. I understand that age categories are based upon age as at date of ‘Event’