Support in other ways
Fundraise for the Salvos as part of the 2017 Bare Creek Trail Run and you can help change lives and transform communities. Your generosity can empower a young man to break the chains of addiction. Your support can enable a mother and her children to escape a violent home. With every step you take along the trail, you can help a community rebuild following a disaster.
Fundraise for the Salvos and together we can give hope where it’s needed most.
About The Salvation Army
Twenty-four hours a day, every day of the year, The Salvation Army provides care and support to Australians in need. In fact, it’s what they’ve done for over 130 years. It is what they continue to do today and it’s what they will go on doing whenever and wherever there is injustice and pain in the world.
Because that’s what The Salvation Army is all about. They are a community – a movement of people fighting injustice. Their donors and supporters – people just like you – are as much a part of The Salvation Army as those working in their recovery centres or regional communities. Together they offer unconditional love and support, without discrimination.
You can find The Salvation Army in city streets, on rural farms and in suburban centres. With your support, their people are on the ground day and night, giving hope where it’s needed most:
- Hope for people who are experiencing homelessness or escaping violence.
- Hope for people trapped in addiction or battling mental illness.
- Hope for people affected by disasters or financial troubles.
- Hope for anyone feeling hopeless.
The Salvation Army services
The Salvation Army is committed to delivering innovative and progressive services that empower people beyond their circumstances. Thier services are as diverse as the areas of need within the communities they serve, and include:
- Aged care
- Chaplaincyand rural support services
- Children’s services
- Community services
- Court and prison services
- Crisis and supported accommodation
- Employment services
- Family tracing
- Financial counselling
- Drug, alcohol and gambling recovery services
- Disability support services
- Suicide support and prevention programs
- International development
- Youth support
- Strategic disaster management
- Emergency services
Where will the money go?
With your generous support, The Salvation Army can give hope where it’s needed most.